Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"If you don't know what to write, write that"

So about a million post possibilities went through my head today as I was out and about running errands. We got our immigration fingerprints done today- one step closer to adoption heaven and actual Kiddo living with us. We've been cleaning for a week waiting for the adoption lady (as we lovingly call her) to come wrap things up and do a home inspection. I think we're okay, not too nervous but we'll see what tomorrow brings! so, here's my line of questionsing as I'm driving around: Why do government buildings never seem to open early (lik 7:58am instead of 8am) but most private companies do? How in the world will I get enough arm strength to carry around a toddler- do I have to start carrying around pounds of split peas? why are there so many people at the grocery store after New Year's if everyone is trying to lose weight? How long will one be sloth-like if one (meaning me) has recently become unemployed? and how did I manage to get such great teachers- like Mrs Harrington in 3rd grade who I liked because she smelled nice and looked tall because she always wore high heels? It was Mrs Harrington who taught us to journal frequently- what a great idea to get kids to be quiet- note to self. When my friend Dominick complained he couldn't think of what to write, she'd say "If you don't know what to write, write 'I don't know what to write, I don't know what to write' over and over." She was right- shortly, you think of something to write, just like I did, just now.

No comments: